- A woman employed in a dairy.More example sentences
- Buttermilk was drunk in N. Europe throughout the Middle Ages; and in Britain it was for many centuries a ‘perk’ of shepherds and dairymaids.
- Often listed with the number of ploughs, it has been assumed that most would have worked as ploughmen, domestic servants and dairymaids.
- A farmyard suggested in her mind a scene of cheerful bustle, with churns and flails and smiling dairymaids, and teams of horses drinking knee-deep in duck-crowded ponds.
More definitions of dairymaidDefinition of dairymaid in:
- The US English dictionary