1(In sport) a ball hit or bowled so as to roll along the ground.
- Some of us can recall when a daisy-cutter was a small, red ball skipping low across the turf, rather than a large black one containing several thousand pounds of penetrative explosives.
- Clearly Ricky Ponting's hoping McGrath will produce the sort of daisy-cutter that got Vaughan out in the first innings.
2An immensely powerful aerial thermobaric bomb.
- For the recalcitrants, the hell-on-earth of daisy-cutters, thermobaric bombs and the everlasting half-life of the waste from nuclear detonations.
- And the world will not sit idly by while they flatten the region with daisy-cutters and hyperbolic bombs.
- In the years to come we may well see far more nightmarish things in our military arsenal than bunker-busters and daisy-cutters.
Definition of daisy-cutter in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.