- Action taken to limit the damaging effects of an accident or error.More example sentences
- These are electorally damaging claims and are potentially harmful to responsible and democratic government: clearly, damage limitation was indicated.
- But it wasn't quite right and it was all Ross could do to attempt some damage limitation and just get around safely and pick up a few points.
- In a day of damage limitation, central banks around the world moved to calm markets by pumping an additional $80 bn into markets to ease a possible cash shortage.
More definitions of damage limitationDefinition of damage limitation in:
- The US English dictionary