- 1Causing physical damage: new cars are less damaging to the environmentMore example sentences
- Raisins are a great source of powerful antioxidants, which can help ward off the damaging effects of free radicals produced during exercise.
- Adults are free to make their own decisions, regardless of whether the result is damaging to their health.
- Keep your security protection software up to date to combat the spread of damaging computer viruses.
- 1.1Having a detrimental effect on someone or something: damaging allegations of corruptionMore example sentences
- Detectives are considering whether to pursue a criminal inquiry against the Cabinet members in a further damaging blow to the Prime Minister.
- Over recent years the loss of Government jobs in Lismore has had a damaging effect on our economy.
- The growing controversy surrounding the garda tyre deal must be damaging confidence in the force.
- More example sentences
- His failure to grasp the purport and consequences of distinctively philosophical ideas becomes damagingly clear.
- The King Canute mentality, which I believe is damagingly ingrained in City Hall, can no longer hold back the tide of change.
- The government then intervened, twice, and very damagingly, in the process of primary curriculum reform.