- A sweet-scented rose of an old variety, having pink or light red velvety petals which are used to make attar.
More example sentences
- Rosa damascena, family Rosaceae
- To add to the atmosphere there are also several brass and cut glass dishes full of potpourri featuring the damask roses and lavender of last summer, and topped with tiny whole rosebuds that I dried in silica sand.
- Cultivated varieties such as the damask rose, introduced by a Frenchman in 1786, took to the region with enthusiasm.
- The chocolate cup has a series of oblong and faceted oval panels decorated with damask roses on a white background.
More definitions of damask roseDefinition of damask rose in:
- The US English dictionary