- Impervious to damp: any damp-proof membrane must be effectiveMore example sentences
- We'd already decided that the guttering and downpipes need upgrading but now it looks like a new floor complete with damp-proof membrane is going to be needed.
- Combined underlay and damp-proof membrane is the easiest option.
- I wonder whether I should completely replace it with a concrete floor, laid over a damp-proof membrane.
verb[with object] Back to top
- Make impervious to damp by using a damp course: the foundation has been properly damp-proofedMore example sentences
- The one-acre garden belongs to property maintenance boss Michael Egan, who met Alf four years ago while damp-proofing his sheltered flat.
- It needs to be rebuilt using materials in keeping with the original stone and slate building, and the 4, 000sq ft home must then be damp-proofed, wired, plumbed and decorated.
- We are insulating and damp-proofing some houses, but at the pace we are going it will take around 50 years to retrofit the 300,000 homes that have inadequate ceiling insulation alone.