noun• archaic , • informal
- A young or insignificant person: I am a self-obsessed dandipratMore example sentences
- But the cranes make war with them continually, against which they do most courageously defend themselves; for these little ends of men and dandiprats (whom in Scotland they call whiphandles and knots of a tar-barrel) are commonly very testy and choleric.
- I simply see further evidence, if any were needed, that the man is a foppish dandiprat.
- I have heard Muir: he is nothing but a dandiprat of a person - a little character that wants to turn off his bits of paragraphs neatly.
early 16th century (denoting a coin worth three halfpence): of unknown origin.
More definitions of dandipratDefinition of dandiprat in:
- The US English dictionary