- A widely distributed tufted grass that grows on poor soils and is of low palatability to grazing animals.
More example sentences
- Genus Danthonia, family Gramineae
- We examined the field distribution of Danthonia spicata infected and uninfected by the epiphytic fungus Atkinsonella hypoxylon relative to soil resource levels.
- The Danthonia was decimated by the corellas this year. The mothers just pulled up all the new growth by the 1,000's when plowing the paddocks.
- In dry, open, lowland situations, the hairy and ringed Danthonias, D. pilosa and D. semiannularis, are common.
modern Latin, named after Étienne Danthoine, 19th-century French botanist.