Definition of dapper in English:
(Of a man) neat and trim in dress and appearance: he looked very dapper in a dark silk suit
More example sentences
- The brides reflect the styles of the day, with the stiff starched elegance of the grooms' dapper morning suits also forming a real contrast.
- He was a dapper guy, and he always had a little feather in his hat.
- To my left was a rather dapper man, distinguished in dress and demeanor.
smart, spruce, trim, debonair, neat, tidy, neat and tidy, crisp, well dressed, besuited, well groomed, well turned out, smartly dressed, elegant, chic, dashing;
dated as if one had just stepped out of a bandbox
British informal , dated swagger
- Example sentences
- Always dapperly dressed in dress shirts and ties, Interpol played new tracks from Antics and hits from Turn On The Bright Lights.
- Ever wonder what lurks in the hearts and minds of those stoic, unflappable, dapperly uniformed men?
- Robert Fridman, French and therefore dapperly dressed as if for cocktails in St. Tropez, gazed past the 19th-century wooden row houses on Sylvan Terrace in Harlem and reflected on the American Condition.
- Example sentences
- It's George Clooney's powers of suave dapperness that have made him a great big movie star.
- One account of Pierre Vigny makes reference to his dapperness and specifically mentions his silk britches
- Connery is resplendent in his timeless dapperness throughout the adventure, so the game itself is looking like something of a 60s style piece from an aesthetic point of view.
Words that rhyme with dapperclapper, flapper, grappa, kappa, knapper, mapper, nappa, napper, rapper, sapper, scrapper, snapper, strapper, tapper, trapper, wrapper, yapper, Zappa
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan