Definition of dapple grey in English:
(Of a horse) grey or white with darker ring-like markings.
- She continued to scrutinize his expression as his glower remained focused on the ground at their feet, one hand firmly gripping the reins of his lathered dapple-gray gelding while the other tightly held his riding crop.
- To my great relief and joy, Prince Justyn was nowhere in sight, and Joshua was grooming a dapple-gray stallion.
- Stacey chose a dapple gray horse, and a groom saddled the horse up for her.
nounBack to top
A dapple-grey horse.
- Ahearn was a dapple gray stallion, and a solid wall of muscle.
- To some rocking horse lovers, a carved English rocking horse means one thing: a dapple grey.
- Ol' Dan was a dapple grey, white hair but lots of black spots on his skin.
Definition of dapple grey in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.