noun[mass noun] Medicine
- A sulphur compound with bacteriostatic action, used in the treatment of leprosy.
More example sentences
- Chemical formula: (H2NC6H4)2SO2
- Multidrug treatment with the antibiotic combination rifampicin, dapsone, and clofazimine is highly effective in curing infection, with relapse rates of 1%.
- Patients will experience prompt relief of lesions within one to two days of initializing treatment with dapsone or sulfapyridine.
- The sulfone antibiotic dapsone often is recommended, although no prospective trials support its use for bites in humans.
1950s: from elements of its alternative systematic name dipara-aminophenyl sulphone.
More definitions of dapsoneDefinition of dapsone in:
- The US English dictionary