Definition of daredevil in English:
A reckless person who enjoys doing dangerous things: spectators watched in horror as the nineteen-year-old daredevil smashed into the ground
More example sentences
- The helicopter crews are not daredevils, indifferent to danger.
- Before the train comes to a stop, the youthful daredevils jump down the moving train in reckless abandon in a stunt termed ‘istaff’.
- Herzog states often that his movies are not crafted on the backs of daredevils or those with a reckless disregard for human safety.
adjectiveBack to top
Reckless and daring: a daredevil skydiver
More example sentences
- On the promotion campaign across 11 cities, the Dew Adventure Games with daredevil feats by international skate boarders and BMX bike riders drew huge crowds.
- To effect this he adopts the role of a foppish member of English society to deter suspicion, while his real, heroic identity is that of the ‘Scarlet Pimpernel’, daredevil adventurer.
- Just like in the original film, Minis are the stars of the show performing daredevil stunts and breathtaking car chases.
daring, bold, adventurous, madcap, hot-headed, audacious, courageous, brave, intrepid, fearless, death-or-glory, undaunted, dauntless, heedless;
reckless, rash, hasty, impulsive, precipitous, impetuous, wild, desperate, foolhardy, incautious, imprudent, ill-advised, hare-brained;
informal harum-scarum, bull-in-a-china-shop
- Example sentences
- BOLLYWOOD ACTION hero Akshay Kumar alias Rajiv Bhatia who is well-known not only for his debonair looks but also for his daredevilry and death-defying stunts on the silver screen was in Delhi on Monday.
- It is slated to be a wacky contest and the combatants have been asked to perform professional stunts that have a ‘fair amount of daredevilry thrown in for the gasp and sigh quotient.’
- But, remember that the clincher in selecting the winners would be that spark of daredevilry that exemplifies the channel's spirit of action and adventurous.
Words that rhyme with daredevilshe-devil • eye level
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan