Definition of dark tourism in English:
Tourism that involves travelling to places associated with death and suffering: he’s planning a project on dark tourism, documenting the increasing popularity of morbid landmarks around the world
More example sentences
- 'Dark tourism', as it's been dubbed, is on the increase, as people around the world fight to ensure the sins of the past are not forgotten.
- We don't want to be just about 'dark tourism', we also want to show off Bethlehem's assets and its 4,000-year history.
- I am currently writing an article on 'dark tourism' and ecocide.
dark tourist noun
- Example sentences
- Most of the 'dark tourists' said that viewing the devastation had helped them understand the scale of the tragedy.
- In a paper published in the International Journal Of Heritage that year, they noted that the number of dark tourists was growing exponentially.
- Dark tourists can experience emotions that regular tourists don't feel.
Definition of dark tourism in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan