(US also durned /dəːnd/)
adjectiveinformal , chiefly North American
euphemism for damned. you have to work a darned sight harder
More example sentences
- Going to Mars is too darned expensive, they say, and we should save our money.
- The thing of it is, Lance's bike is expensive, which is what makes the 2300 so darned cool.
- I missed the darned bus by seconds and so have decided to walk.
- More example sentences
- When his forces make their move they will do so knowing what they have to achieve - the goals might be limited - and they will do their darnedest to get the best result with the least effort.
- Behind me is another crouching rookie firefighter, the sculptor Kenny Hunter, doing his inexpert darnedest to ensure I don't trip over the hose.
- There is hardly an NGO in existence that has not tried its darnedest to cut the Gordian knot that binds Africa to its manifold difficulties.