- An opportunity to see or an occasion of seeing a holy person or the image of a deity: Hindus attach great importance to a darshan, or view, of a saint or holy image [mass noun]: he was shown dancing, attending darshan, eating in the dining hallMore example sentences
- You gave me the tools to practice Hinduism: I learned how to do puja, how to worship in a temple, how to feel the darshan of a Deity, how to participate in the great festivals.
- This is the most important temple, and to be able to enter it and experience the ultimate darshan of God that it offers is the goal for which worship in physical temples prepares us.
- Many people who got saved experienced the darshan [sight] of prakash [divine light].
via Hindi from Sanskrit darśana 'sight or seeing'.
More definitions of darshanDefinition of darshan in:
- The US English dictionary