- A device for damping shock or vibration.More example sentences
- This step keeps the hook from slamming to the deck and possibly chipping a good hook point; however, this time, we decided to service the dashpot before we dropped the hook.
- Such components can include simple springs, dampers, dashpots, masses, latches, bearings, non-linear potential and dissipative fields, or any other imaginable component.
- The measured rheological features were not consistent with simple linear viscoelastic models based on a combination of a discrete number of springs and dashpots.
More definitions of dashpotDefinition of dashpot in:
- The US English dictionary