Definition of data processing in English:
The carrying out of operations on data, especially by a computer, to retrieve, transform, or classify information: management strategies in data processing [as modifier]: data-processing systems
More example sentences
- SETI researchers have used the Internet to access idle desktop computing power to perform complicated data processing.
- With the entire command stack operating above iSCSI, data processing is significantly accelerated.
- The signal and data processing is carried out on a high speed powerful IBM 4PiCC - 1 computer.
data processor noun
- Example sentences
- The first serious look at automatic summarization using statistics was undertaken in 1958 by H. P. Luhn, who used an IBM 704 data processor to analyze word occurrences in a scientific article.
- In the vehicles, troops use a computer monitor, sealed keyboard, and 6-to 10-gigabyte hard drives with a 512MHz or 333MHz data processor.
- The data processor could be readily expanded to up to four computers, 16 memories and 20 input/output modules with no obsolescence of hardware or software.
Definition of data processing in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan