Definition of daunting in English:
Seeming difficult to deal with in prospect; intimidating: a daunting task
More example sentences
- The sight of the massive queue must have been daunting, but you dealt with the situation magnificently.
- Don't let yourself be put off, however, by the daunting prospect of a 79-mile walk.
- Stepping on court against a four-year-old shouldn't be a daunting prospect.
- Example sentences
- Cut off from the world and supported by a private income, he composed dauntingly huge pieces which were regarded as all but unplayable.
- Despite her shorts and tee shirt she seemed dauntingly Edwardian and thick-skirtish.
- It's got one of the most dauntingly bleak and unhappy endings imaginable.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.