Definition of dauntless in English:
Showing fearlessness and determination: dauntless bravery
More example sentences
- In Beckwourth's self-portrait, he amassed so many honors as a Crow warrior that he rose to a chieftainship, rich in wives and ponies, dauntless in battle, and venerated for his wisdom and leadership.
- After months of dauntless determination, the rover is now on the last leg of the hike.
- He was determined, she could tell, perhaps even dauntless.
fearless, determined, resolute, indomitable, intrepid, doughty, plucky, spirited, game, mettlesome, gritty, steely, confident, undaunted, undismayed, unalarmed, unflinching, unshrinking, unabashed, unfaltering, unflagging, bold, audacious, valiant, brave, stout-hearted, lionhearted, gallant, courageous, heroic, daring, daredevil
- Example sentences
- Pamuk seizes upon the burning issues of the present, fighting for human and minority rights and taking a stand on his country's politics as dauntlessly as he looks back at its great Osmanian past.
- During his fearless actions he was blown down by artillery and grenade blasts three times but each time he dauntlessly returned to his position, tenaciously fighting and successfully repelling hostile attacks.
- A stonemason by trade, he dauntlessly studies Latin and Greek with the rigorous mind of a classical scholar in preparation for entering the ivy-covered Gothic halls of Christminster, a college town supposed to evoke Oxford.
- Example sentences
- Intrepid implies absolute fearlessness & especially suggests dauntlessness in facing the new or unknown.
- Struck by his desperate dauntlessness, and his wild desire to visit Christendom, the captain at last relented, and told him he might make himself at home.
- Mamoon was surprised and amazed at the boldness, dauntlessness and training of that child and asked, ‘What is your name?’
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.