- A coniferous tree with deciduous needles, known only as a fossil until it was found growing in SW China in 1941.
More example sentences
- Metasequoia glyptostroboides, family Taxodiaceae
- The famous giant redwood is a large evergreen conifer, whereas, in contrast, the dawn redwood is a deciduous conifer.
- Now native only to China, the dawn redwood was the most common sequoia in North America during prehistoric times.
- The two extinct species of Metasequoia were adapted to distinctly different swamp habitats, as are living dawn redwood compared with swamp cypress.
More definitions of dawn redwoodDefinition of dawn redwood in:
- The US English dictionary