- The deepest part of the night now over and heading on to a new dawning, a new dawning unlike any other that they had ever experienced.
- Previously a thawing-out period, a prelude to the liquid lunch and brief afternoon of work en route to early doors drinking, the dawning of the new day now signals blessed relief and the opportunity of escape from his bed.
- The fact that he has seen the dawning of the sun in the morning means that the almighty power of God is already protecting him.
1.1The beginning or first appearance of something: the dawnings of civilization
More example sentences
- What consequences will follow from the dawning of a new age of imperialism at the beginning of the 21st century?
- The evidence proves that this last 10 years appears to be more of an investment debacle than the dawning of a new golden age brought on by low inflation and low interest rates.
- With the dawning of the new commercial era, the realisation emerged that the internet was a media business and not a technology business.
Words that rhyme with dawningaborning, awning, morning, mourning, spawning, warning
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: dawn|ing
Definition of dawning in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.