1A non-residential school, typically a fee-paying one.
- I left boarding school at 16 to attend a day school to achieve the high academic standards necessary for my tertiary studies.
- The day school at elementary as well as secondary levels was introduced in the era of prosperity in many European countries, and reduced family life during the day.
- Cheryl attended a Catholic day school and her parents attended residential schools.
2British A short educational course on a particular subject: a day school on canine communication
More example sentences
- The Yorkshire Dales National Park Authority is holding a free family history day school at the Dales Countryside Museum, Hawes, on Saturday.
- Alliance Francaise De York offers French classes, study tours, day schools and cultural activities.
- Anti-war campaigners from Camden came together for a successful day school last week to discuss the consequences of the war.
Definition of day school in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.