Definition of day shift in English:
1A period of time worked during the daylight hours in a hospital, factory, etc.
- The 26-year-old woman does the day shift and keeps regular hours.
- They work only in the day shift (eight hours) and on an average, each worker earns Rs.3,000 a month.
- During the day shift, he sloshed around ankle-deep in dye, in a grubby old factory in America's Silk City, Paterson, New Jersey.
1.1 [treated as singular or plural] The employees who work during the day shift: the day shift clocked off from the factory
More example sentences
- Sometimes, she said, the bus and its passengers were still waiting there when the customs officers' day shift went home.
- ‘In the morning, when the day shift comes on, they can't even see yet, but they've got a coffee cup in their hand,’ Willis added.
- I hadn't realized how many people were here at this time before, but it was definitely less than day shift.
Definition of day shift in:
- US English dictionary