Definition of day trip in English:
A journey or excursion completed in one day: you can take a day trip to the Esk Valley
More example sentences
- His favourite day trip would be a visit to a wildlife park or to the zoo.
- Monte Carlo is only a ten-minute train ride from Nice, so it seemed like the perfect day trip.
- A good day trip should involve either a very short drive or lots of leisurely driving.
day tripper noun (British )
- Example sentences
- The loss in tourism also encompassed day trippers who might otherwise have spent a shopping day in York, he said.
- A bevy of day trippers ambled onto the last boat to the mainland at 6.30, and all was quiet.
- Once the sun sets and the day trippers have left, all is still in Fort Augustus.
Definition of day trip in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan