Definition of daybook in English:
1An account book in which a day’s transactions are entered for later transfer to a ledger.
- Daniel Burnap's daybooks and ledgers record the sale of forty-nine clocks over a twenty-year period.
- A vet is required to keep all records of testing in daybooks filled in at the time of the test
- The front page of one of the daybooks includes a heading for a ‘butter account’.
2North American A diary.
- The history of upper-class folk in the Old South is documented through journals, diaries, daybooks, and material possessions.
- A daybook, or journal, can be a seedbed for ideas.
- ‘All the writing in the daybook is a form of talking to myself, a way of thinking on paper,’ says Murray.
Words that rhyme with daybookplaybook
Definition of daybook in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan