noun (plural same)
- (In the People’s Republic of China) a wall poster written in large characters, expressing a political opinion: they put up dazibao accusing the government of ‘selling its soul’More example sentences
- Because of these unique characteristics dazibao represent one of the few effective vestiges of free speech that may be used to voice political dissent in China.
- One of the ‘four great rights’ in the 1975 state constitution was the right to write dazibao.
- During the past fifty years, the writing of big character posters (dazibao) has emerged as a principle form of political expression in the People's Republic of China.
Chinese, from dà 'big' + zi 'character' + bào 'newspaper or poster'.
More definitions of dazibaoDefinition of dazibao in:
- The US English dictionary