- 1Disconnect (an electric circuit) from a power supply.More example sentences
- Unfortunately, many electricians believe that de-energizing circuits is not necessary, too difficult to coordinate, or will jeopardize the mission.
- Once the faceplate and the baseplate are attached to each other, the capacitor is de-energized and the electric field is dissipated.
- The actuator is then de-energized and the switching contacts return to their starting positions.
- 1.1 [no object] Undergo loss of electrical power: the starter relay automatically de-energizesMore example sentences
- The relay stays energized until time out and then it deenergizes ready for the next operation.
- But if it deenergizes when a source other than radio is selected, your sub amp will not come on when you listen to CD's or an AUX source.
More definitions of de-energizeDefinition of de-energize in:
- The US English dictionary