Definition of de-energize in English:
1Disconnect (an electric circuit) from a power supply.
- Unfortunately, many electricians believe that de-energizing circuits is not necessary, too difficult to coordinate, or will jeopardize the mission.
- Once the faceplate and the baseplate are attached to each other, the capacitor is de-energized and the electric field is dissipated.
- The actuator is then de-energized and the switching contacts return to their starting positions.
1.1 [no object] Undergo loss of electrical power: the starter relay automatically de-energizes
More example sentences
- The relay stays energized until time out and then it deenergizes ready for the next operation.
- But if it deenergizes when a source other than radio is selected, your sub amp will not come on when you listen to CD's or an AUX source.
Definition of de-energize in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India