Definition of de-energize in English:
1Disconnect (an electric circuit) from a power supply.
- Unfortunately, many electricians believe that de-energizing circuits is not necessary, too difficult to coordinate, or will jeopardize the mission.
- Once the faceplate and the baseplate are attached to each other, the capacitor is de-energized and the electric field is dissipated.
- The actuator is then de-energized and the switching contacts return to their starting positions.
1.1 [no object] Undergo loss of electrical power: the starter relay automatically de-energizes
More example sentences
- But if it deenergizes when a source other than radio is selected, your sub amp will not come on when you listen to CD's or an AUX source.
- The relay stays energized until time out and then it deenergizes ready for the next operation.
Definition of de-energize in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.