- Remove ice from: airplanes are de-iced before take-off (as adjective de-icing) the application of de-icing salts to our highwaysMore example sentences
- The two-and-half hour delay to the opening of the second runway, along with problems de-icing aircraft prior to take-off, caused delays to almost all services.
- A private jet which crashed last month had not been de-iced before take-off despite below-freezing temperatures the night before, air accident investigators said yesterday.
- The handy four-wheelers have a spraying mechanism at the back which covers the pavement with liquid brine, de-icing the pavements better than salt.
- More example sentences
- There was also an issue that the mould was antifreeze and de-icer from the runway.
- The RAC urged motorists to prepare for the freeze by stocking up on de-icer, topping up the screen wash and checking the radiator contains anti-freeze.
- An ice scraper and de-icer, torch, jump leads and a warm coat all feature highly on the list, alongside a first aid kit and warning triangle which can be carried all through the year.
More definitions of de-iceDefinition of de-ice in:
- The US English dictionary