Definition of de-ice in English:
Remove ice from: airplanes are de-iced before take-off (as adjective de-icing) the application of de-icing salts to our highways
More example sentences
- The two-and-half hour delay to the opening of the second runway, along with problems de-icing aircraft prior to take-off, caused delays to almost all services.
- A private jet which crashed last month had not been de-iced before take-off despite below-freezing temperatures the night before, air accident investigators said yesterday.
- The handy four-wheelers have a spraying mechanism at the back which covers the pavement with liquid brine, de-icing the pavements better than salt.
- Example sentences
- There was also an issue that the mould was antifreeze and de-icer from the runway.
- The RAC urged motorists to prepare for the freeze by stocking up on de-icer, topping up the screen wash and checking the radiator contains anti-freeze.
- An ice scraper and de-icer, torch, jump leads and a warm coat all feature highly on the list, alongside a first aid kit and warning triangle which can be carried all through the year.
Definition of de-ice in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan