- Used to convey that one’s most heartfelt feelings of sorrow or anguish are being expressed.More example sentences
- Has a thinking man perhaps here really cried out de profundis?
nounBack to top
- A heartfelt cry of appeal.More example sentences
- Let the reader picture to himself the open coffin with the corpse of the lovely girl, surrounded by the hired mourners singing their dismal De profundis in hoarse voices.
Latin, 'from the depths', the opening words of Psalm 130.
More definitions of de profundisDefinition of de profundis in:
- The US English dictionary