- A temporary recovery in share prices after a substantial fall, caused by speculators buying in order to cover their positions: is the recession really over, or is it a dead cat bounce?More example sentences
- Still trying to determine whether the ‘recovery’ of the stock market is either a dead cat bounce or perhaps numbers manipulated by the private organizations that the AmEx or NASDAQ are.
- I think I know what Wall Street would call that pitiful little burst of good economic news Bush was trumpeting, before the economy started tanking again: A dead cat bounce.
- Is the selling done, or are we just seeing a dead cat bounce this week?
More definitions of dead cat bounceDefinition of dead cat bounce in:
- The US English dictionary