noun[mass noun] chiefly North American
- Still water without any current: a ditch full of dead waterMore example sentences
- What I'd mistaken for a living stream just has in it fish that thrive in dead water.
- The eye without memory saw only a slope of scrub leading down to dead water.
- The quality of water near a tulip farm is ‘so bad that nothing can grow or live near it; it's dead water,’ said Martijn Beekman of Greenpeace Netherlands.
More definitions of dead waterDefinition of dead water in:
- The US English dictionary