- 1 Sailing A circular wooden block with a groove round the circumference to take a lanyard, used singly or in pairs to tighten a shroud.More example sentences
- Every plank and rib, deadeye and curb were built according to the detailed plans of Bombigher.
- In addition to these objects of women's interest, there are several tokens of men's concerns: a model of the ship Minerva, a deadeye, and a delicately carved game box.
- Here we find deadeyes and pulleys still attached to the hull.
- 2 • informal , chiefly North American An expert marksman: Chuck here is a deadeye [as modifier]: a successful field goal requires a deadeye kickMore example sentences
- Smith, on the other hand, is a deadeye marksman a step past his prime, requiring help from his teammates to get the space he needs to fire away.
- Two and a half years ago, as the primary complement to Garnett in the team's offensive sets, the deadeye shooter was proficient enough to be chosen to the NBA All-Star Team.
- Buechler is a smart, valuable role player, an excellent defender and, until this season, a deadeye jump shooter.
More definitions of deadeyeDefinition of deadeye in:
- The US English dictionary