- 1A protective cover or shutter fitted over a porthole or window on a ship.More example sentences
- The side facing me had five square windows complete with deadlight covers, all encrusted in coral.
- As we dropped off the tip of the bow to seabed level and swam along the wreck, we could see numerous portholes, all with heavy-duty deadlights securely fixed shut.
- Fresh air was admitted through two large wind sails in the forward hatches, and also through the deadlights upon each side of the ship.
- 2US A skylight designed not to be opened.More example sentences
- The fully insulated oval glass front door with the 12"x36" deadlight above it really brightens up the front entrance.
More definitions of deadlightDefinition of deadlight in:
- The US English dictionary