noun (plural same or dealfishes)
- A long, slender silvery fish with a dorsal fin running the length of the body, living in the NE Atlantic.
More example sentences
- Trachipterus arcticus, family Trachipteridae
- It was handed over to the marine aquarium at Macduff where staff reckoned it was either an oarfish or a dealfish.
- Dealfish live in the Western Indian Ocean around South Africa and in the Eastern Indian Ocean from southern Australia to New Zealand.
- The dealfish are deepwater fish that usually reside out of reach of the average fisherman and are therefore rarely encountered.
More definitions of dealfishDefinition of dealfish in:
- The US English dictionary