Entry from US English dictionary
Computing Return (allocated memory) to the store of available RAM.
- In this model logical resources will be dynamically allocated and deallocated to applications and users based on policies that operate on both a scheduled basis and according to fluctuating demand.
- Any global variables you create when working with an Office application must also be deallocated when the application unloads.
- This means that this deallocated space is available for use when new data is written to the disk.
- Example sentences
- These capabilities allow better tracking of memory allocation and deallocation calls.
- The operating system needs to provide support for fair allocation, deallocation, and sharing of memory among resource containers.
- In C and C++, a fair amount of design and programming work must be spent on memory allocation and deallocation schemes.
For editors and proofreaders
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.