- A venomous Australian snake which has a thin worm-like tail that it uses to lure birds and other prey.
More example sentences
- Genus Acanthophis, family Elapidae: three species
- The program profiles two staff members of the Australian Reptile Park as they search for one of Australia's deadliest snakes - the death adder.
- At one point I stumble and come within inches of stepping on a death adder - ‘one of the deadliest snakes in Papua,’ Woolford tells me later.
- Cobras can cause local swelling, blistering, and necrosis; other Elapidae such as kraits, coral snakes, and Australian death adders produce negligible local envenoming.
More definitions of death adderDefinition of death adder in:
- The US English dictionary