- The ratio of deaths to the population of a particular area or during a particular period of time, usually calculated as the number of deaths per one thousand people per year: improved diets have reduced death ratesMore example sentences
- That trend and a soaring death rate are helping reduce Russia's population at a rapid rate.
- They said the analysis proved screening reduced the death rate by 21 per cent.
- Other advances in technology and good antenatal care have reduced the death rate.
More definitions of death rateDefinition of death rate in:
- The US English dictionary