- An official order for the execution of a condemned person: he signed the king’s death warrant in 1649 • figurative he signed his own death warrant by being seen as a peacemakerMore example sentences
- In just over a year's time, his political death warrant will be signed by the American people.
- To close the account is equivalent to signing a death warrant for the customer's business.
- The executioner hugs her with one arm, like a dancing-master, to keep her upright, and adjusts the knot while an official reads the death warrant.
More definitions of death warrantDefinition of death warrant in:
- The US English dictionary