- Remove ballast from (a ship) in order to increase its buoyancy: deballast the temporary launching barge until the end of the buoyant tower floatsMore example sentences
- Had there been a leak between cargo and ballast tank as the vessel was loaded, so the oil would have flowed from cargo to ballast and then out into the sea as the vessel was deballasted.
- After the deck is transferred, the GBS is deballasted to the tow draft and prepared for the ocean tow.
- The vessel had completed the discharge of a full load of barges and was then deballasted to her usual seagoing condition of 4.25m draught even keel.
More definitions of deballastDefinition of deballast in:
- The US English dictionary