- 1(Of a disease or condition) making someone very weak and infirm: debilitating back painMore example sentences
- The Department of Health has vowed to improve care services for chronic fatigue syndrome sufferers in recognition of the condition's debilitating effects.
- Prof Martin Villet provides insight into an often debilitating set of illnesses.
- Eight years on, Elinor is still ravaged by the debilitating skin condition.
- 1.1Tending to weaken something: the debilitating effects of underinvestmentMore example sentences
- Its sole purpose was to bleed the USSR in a debilitating conflict.
- Shareholders have welcomed what they hope is an end to the debilitating row.
- The second factor has to do with the debilitating effects of unearned privilege.
- More example sentences
- There are women who suffer from debilitatingly excessive facial hair.
- However, his most recent book proves him to be debilitatingly naive as well.
- Berlin accuses expressionistic rhetoric of being ‘inherently and debilitatingly divisive of political protest’ and ‘easily co-opted by the very capitalist forces it opposes’.