verb (deburrs, deburring, deburred)[with object]
- Neaten and smooth the rough edges or ridges of (an object, typically one made of metal): hand tools for deburring holes in metal (as noun deburring) an essential tool for sharpening, deburring, and removing rustMore example sentences
- ‘One of our most common modifications is to surface polish and debur the gears with a chemical process to smooth out the tool-cutting marks from the manufacturing process,’ said Lamb.
- This sequence begins with a milling operation to produce the bolt seats, which are then robotically deburred.
- The technology is used to clean, texture, deburr, or otherwise process very small parts and hard-to-reach areas with extreme accuracy.
More definitions of deburrDefinition of deburr in:
- The US English dictionary