(also debye unit)
- A unit used to express electric dipole moments of molecules. One debye is equal to 3.336 × 10−30 coulomb metre.More example sentences
- The unit assigned to dipole moments is the debye.
- Similarly, the dipole moment of methanol, another extremely polar substance, is only 2.9 debyes.
- A dipole moment of less than or equal to 1 debyes is preferred.
early 20th century: named after P. J. Debye (see Debye, Peter).
More definitions of debyeDefinition of debye in:
- The US English dictionary