- A plane figure with ten straight sides and angles.More example sentences
- How much more sacred than our triangle would be a square, a pentagon, a decagon, a figure with a hundred sides?
- Decagons Here is a decagon - a 10-sided regular polygon with all its angles equal and all its sides the same length - which has been divided into 10 triangles.
- You can buy 10-sided dice (bi-pyramids) or else you can cut out a decagon (a 10-sided polygon with all sides the same length) from card and label the sides from to 9.
mid 17th century: via medieval Latin from Greek dekagōnon, neuter (used as a noun) of dekagōnos 'ten-angled'.
More definitions of decagonDefinition of decagon in:
- The US English dictionary