- A design prepared on special paper for durable transfer on to another surface such as glass or porcelain.More example sentences
- On a simple shelf affixed to the gallery wall near the figure he placed six large votive candles, each decorated with a photographic decal portraying the artist in the jester's costume.
- Although meticulously handpainted, the glossy images have a machine-made look, as if they were, say, transfer decals or press-on tattoos.
- I used to put the decals on the paper covers of my school books.
1950s: abbreviation of decalcomania.
More definitions of decalDefinition of decal in:
- The US English dictionary