(US decameter, dekameter
, abbreviation: dam; US also dkm)
A metric unit of length, equal to 10 metres.
More example sentences
- In this study, we also used the horizontal visibility data determined by meteorological observers in decameters (dm).
- ‘There's a boat on our tail, and they sent a warning shot about fifty decameters from the boat,’ Armon yelled.
- More example sentences
- The other big problem is that Jupiter does not transmit constantly at decametric wavelengths.
- A brief historical summary is followed by a review of current observations of Jupiter's decametric radiation.
- The emissions we can hear are often referred to as decametric noise storms, because the waves are tens of meters long.
Definition of decametre in:
- The US English dictionary