- (Of a metrical line) consisting of ten syllables.More example sentences
- Unlike Southwell's four other nativity poems, this one is written in decasyllabic six-ains, which we find frequently in his poetry.
- They should be ruled rather by accent than by mere beat, but in no case may there be a line or lines which cannot be read as decasyllabic without difficulty or hesitation.
- More precisely, you adapt a variation of decasyllabic meter, where your lines alternate between thirteen and seven syllables each.
More definitions of decasyllabicDefinition of decasyllabic in:
- The US English dictionary