• formal or Law
- The recently dead person in question: the judge inferred that the deceased was confused as to the extent of his assetsMore example sentences
- Damages were reduced by two thirds for the deceased's contributory negligence.
- They found that the dead body of the deceased bore injuries on the head, face, knees and heels of his feet and from every angle it was looking like a cold blooded murder.
- The first three of those questions would only arise if it were held that the deceased died domiciled in Saudi Arabia.
adjectiveBack to top
- Recently dead: the deceased man’s family [postpositive]: the will of Christopher Smith deceasedMore example sentences
dead, expired, departed, gone, no more, passed on, passed away; late, lost, lamented; perished, fallen, slain, slaughtered, killed, murdered; lifeless, not breathing, having breathed one's last, defunct, extinct, inanimate, insentient, insensate, inert
- Instead, the personal representatives of the deceased person were permitted to maintain an action in any case where, if he had not died, he himself might have sued.
- Applications can be made by the personal representative of a deceased patient, and anyone who may have a claim arising out of the patient's death.
- In July he married an Australian citizen who had been the de facto spouse of his deceased brother.