- 1 [usually as submodifier] Undoubtedly; undeniably: he looked decidedly uncomfortableMore example sentences
distinctly, clearly, markedly, obviously, noticeably, unmistakably, patently, manifestly, expressly, emphatically, definitely, certainly, positively, absolutely, downright, undeniably, unquestionably, indisputably; extremely, exceedingly, exceptionally, uncommonly, unusually, singularly, particularly, especially; Northern English right; Scottish unco; French trèsSouth African • informal lekker
- The gatekeeper looked decidedly uncomfortable and stared down at the ground.
- She was decidedly uncomfortable when she felt the warmth of his body next to hers.
- I ended up occupying the end of the bar and nursing a Guinness and feeling decidedly uncomfortable.
- 2British In a decisive and confident way: ‘No,’ Donna said decidedlyMore example sentences
- ‘If he goes, Michael, Katie, and I will go, too,’ she said decidedly.