- The position of a digit to the right of a decimal point: calculate, to one decimal place, the following ten ratiosMore example sentences
- We have seen that to the left of the decimal place, the digits represent 1's, 10's, 100's, 1000's, and so on.
- Converted to decimals this is 0.0087268 which is correct to 6 decimal places, the answer to 7 decimal places being 0.0087265.
- In his spare time, between 1844 and 1847, he calculated the natural logarithms of the first 1005000 numbers to 7 decimal places.
More definitions of decimal placeDefinition of decimal place in:
- The US English dictionary