- A full point or dot placed after the figure representing units in a decimal fraction.More example sentences
- Take special note of the positioning of the decimal points in those two figures.
- To change a percentage to a fraction, divide it by 100 and reduce the fraction or move the decimal point to the right until you have only integers.
- Fiction editors are capable of endless folly, and any one of them would be prepared to cough up the traditional six figures - before the decimal point - in return for the promise of a novel from such a divine and dazzling creature.
More definitions of decimal pointDefinition of decimal point in:
- The US English dictionary